About the challenge
We believe that fans should be able to enjoy events in a clean and sustainable environment. That’s why we’re looking for innovative solutions that can help us involve fans in our mission to keep the stadium clean and to reduce waste. We are seeking ideas that can help us stimulate and reward fans to prevent litter and clean up waste in their surroundings. We want to make it easy and fun for fans to contribute to a cleaner stadium and to make football more sustainable.
In addition to reducing waste, we are also committed to reducing the carbon footprint of our events. Therein, we are looking for solutions that can help us achieve our sustainability goals, while still providing fans with an amazing experience.
We are open to receiving innovative ideas and approaches from start-ups, scale-ups and established organizations, that help us make the future of football sustainable.
What are we looking for?
As sustainability continues to gain prominence in all aspects of life, sporting events are no exception. We are committed to providing our fans with a clean stadium environment, and believe that fans can play a crucial role in achieving this goal. We are seeking innovative solutions that help fans treat the stadium as their own house, and encourage them to clean up any trash they see.
We are looking for solutions that promote and reward a sense of ownership among fans, where they take responsibility for keeping the stadium clean. We believe that this sense of ownership will motivate fans to take necessary steps to maintain a sustainable stadium. We welcome ideas that can nudge fans to pick up trash and dispose of it responsibly. Incentivizing fans to reduce litter will not only make it easier for them to contribute to a cleaner stadium environment, but it will also create a positive and long-lasting impact.
We welcome ideas, best-practices, and developed solutions on this topic. We believe that innovation can come from anywhere and anyone, and we are eager to learn about creative solutions and ideas that are yet to be implemented.
- For this challenge, we also welcome ideas and best-practices
- Solutions or ideas must be tangible, well thought-out, and likely to create measurable value
- Solutions must be possible to integrate within existing web- and mobile applications
- Cost efficiency (regarding set-up costs as well as ongoing costs) is key to enable implementation of the solution for a broader range of (professional) clubs and leagues
- All solutions must be compliant with GDPR
What we are not looking for
- Sustainable travel or sustainable mobility solutions
- Recycling solutions, as we are explicitly looking for solutions that stimulate behaviour of our fans