Question: How can we create an optimal learning environment and accelerate the process of becoming a high-performing professional athlete?
About the challenge
This challenge is about getting as close as possible to what’s happening on the pitch, in a training environment. We want our athletes to be able to learn as fast as possible, and be able to point out the most important information in the game, and add years of experience faster. To make this possible, we are looking into 3D simulation and augmented reality solutions that can be used on the pitch.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for solutions backed by scientific insights that are suitable for direct use in training environments, including pitches, gyms and rehabilitation rooms. Therewith, we are looking for platforms or technical solutions that allow us to be able to enter, visualize, compare, rank and export data in a uniform manner. We challenge you to submit solutions to the following questions:
- How might we improve how players learn so that it becomes easier for them to absorb and process large volumes of football and game related information?
- How can we more efficiently capture 3D data, and/or simplify 3D player data, creating digital skeletons/avatars e.g. by enriching 2D data or video, and translate this into variables?
- How can we apply augmented reality to improve how players learn?
What are we not looking for?
- Solutions based on VR
- Solutions for which players physically have to sit in front of a computer
Issues to consider
- Solutions must be backed by a scientific evidence base that supports the benefits delivered
- Solutions can be in an early stage of development, but have to be tested (not just ideas/concepts)
- Creators should be willing to collaborate to further improve and develop their solutions
- Cost efficiency (regarding set-up costs as well as ongoing costs) is key to enable implementation of the solution for a broader range of (professional) clubs and leagues
- All solutions must be compliant with GDPR
- Appropriate measures with regards to cyber security must be in place